Sharing my deal-finding adventures in the land of no CVS

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Done Pouting...

So, I haven't updated my blog in a while and frankly, it was because I was feeling like nobody was reading it! It's really hard to put the time into finding the deals and coupons while getting my house ready to sell and then no comments....none!!!! I kept thinking that the last few posts would warrant something - but sadly, no. Thus, my weeklong pouting session. Now I'm over it, but won't be blogging that much since I'm back to work for a couple of weeks. Yep, grading the WASL Alternative Math Portfolios.

So here's what I've been checking out lately:


Walgreens:


The diaper deal is back!!! Diapers are again $5.99. Buy 3 and use the ESC Q and the Pharmacy Q, pay $4.47 plus tax and get $5 RR! This is definitely still working (I checked myself with some training pants).


.05 School Supplies - use the Qs in the weekly ad.


Free After Rebate: G2 Pens and Crayola markers (sweet deal!)


Safeway:


My first trip to do the Summer Marathon Promo didn't go so well, but here's what I did this last time:


6 Oscar Meyer Hot Dogs (on sale for $1 each, counted as my Oscar Meyer products for the free cheese)
2 Kraft Singles (used free cheese Qs from the Parade magazine)
1 Oscar Meyer Turkey Bacon (used $1 Q from a magazine insert -Women's Day?)
3 Marathon bars ($1.25 each)
1 EAS bar (used free Q from a mail-in offer)
1 Excedrin Back and Body (used $2 MQ and $1 Store Q - will send in for mail-in rebate)
1 Betty Crocker Cake mix
The rest of the stuff wasn't part of the promo:
1 Fat-free milk
4 Soy Dream soymilks
1 Box of brown sugar
Used $10 off from last promo attempt and $1 cat from the last time I bought Excedrin, so my total was $12.81. Plus, I got a $10 cat from the promo and $1 cat from the soymilk and I'll be sending in for the full rebate for the Excedrin!
Albertsons was awesome last week, but I'm not seeing any great deals this week. I'll check over the ad some more tonight.
Thanks for reading!!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I Read! I even recommended your blog to my sister. I think it takes a while to establish a following, and most of us hard core people have sources for the deals already. I'd love to hear more about your safeway deals because ours are different here!

Sienna said...

Thanks CJ! I definitely appreciate it!

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

I figured you were busy packing for the move! I read it :)

I'm sulking at the Albertsons deals this week too. The last couple of weeks have been fun, but this week is incredibly boring!

Our Creative Day said...

I read too and try to leave comments sometimes -- I probaby check in twice a day and recommend it to many women (in a moms club)! :) I also thought you were busy moving! Sorry you are not getting enough comments - but, trust us... you have readers!

I follow your deals, some I don't understand - like I don't know what a 'catalina' is? I don't shop too much at Walgreens/Rite Aid -- but probaby should more. We are out of diapers here so typically those deals are not of interest, but I like to be aware because sometimes I have upcoming showers to buy presents for!

Anyhow, please keep them coming! :)

amyb said...

I read too!! I thought you were busy packing also. I check at least once a day! I love to hear about the Safeway and Walgreens deals since a lot of the blogs are focused on CVS. I am not very good about commenting, sorry! I have recommended your blog to quite a few gals in my circle. You have lots of readers, we have missed you this last week.

Amy said...

I check everyday to see if there is something new. I thought you were packing too.

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

I check every day, too. I didn't know where you'd been. :)

Great job at Safeway, by the way!

Laura said...

I read your blog! Get this: I even check your blog BEFORE I check the Centsible Sawyer each day - - GASP!! I love your blog because, unlike any other bargain blog, I know that your deals will relate to me i.e. no CVS, Publix, etc. Just good old Albies, Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc. In fact, I used you as inspiration to get some Albies deals a couple of weeks ago.
I also thought you were busy moving and not blogging. I can't imagine moving now that I have kids! Yikes! I don't usually leave comments on any blog (baby in one arm, type with the other - doesn't work too well). Now that I know the comments mean a lot to you, I'll try to leave more! :)
Keep up your blogging - I love it.

Rebecca Rose said...

I stumbled upon your blog about a month ago and I check it everyday! You get a lot of deals that interest me more than other people's so I really enjoy reading your blog. Keep posting!

Becca
www.couponninjas.blogspot.com

Liz said...

I am a daily lurker and would miss you if you stopped blogging! Thanks for all your hard work!