Sharing my deal-finding adventures in the land of no CVS

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Finally Made it to Albies

I really wanted to get to Albertsons to take advantage of the Kraft deal and the Baby Care deal before they expired. Here's how I did:

1 Pampers diapers (used $3 cat. Q and $5/2 Target Q)
1 Pampers wipes (used $5/2 Target Q and .75 cat. Q)
5 Gerbers puffs (used $1/3 cat. Q and .75/2 cat. Q)
3 Planters nuts (used 3 - $3 Q)
3 Jell-O puddings (used .50/3 tearpad Q)
3 Marshmallows (used $1 MQ)
1 Nilla Wafers (used $1 tearpad Q)
4 Pearl Soymilk (no Qs, we just use the stuff and they're on sale for $1)
2 Digiornio for one pizzas (used 2 - $1 MQ)
1 Wild Harvest organic milk (used $1 MQ)
1 Aquafresh (used $1.50 competitor cat. and $1 MQ = .50 overage)
3 organic bananas (for the baby!)
1 Huggies cleanteam wipes (these are super cheap, but I forgot my $1 Q!)
2 Cool-whips (they didn't have the aerosol ones :(, but I used a tearpad Q that I found by the bananas to get 1 free)

This is the first time that I've had trouble getting the automatic $5 to come off, but the cashier had to actually punch it through. Weird. I put all my Kraft stuff first and my total (no tax) was $20.50, so I don't know what's up. I also rolled my $5 Baby Care cat.

My total oop: $23.61
Total savings: $65.21

Received $12 in Catalina Qs for my next trip, so really this trip cost: $11.61!!! Nice!

3 comments:

Amy said...

When I went, I was told that all of my Kraft items had to be from one area (like .75 after $5 off) or I couldn't have my $5 off. It didn't make sense according to the way I read the ad, but that could be why yours wouldn't go through. At least you had a nice cashier.

Sienna said...

Amy,

That's crazy! It's never been that way with any of the other promos that were similar to this one. What - are you supposed to buy 20 marshmallows? Seriously!

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

I had problems with the $5 Kraft too on my first transaction - and actually, all my deals were from the same sale section (the 8 for $20) My second trip it worked just fine. I don't know what's up with Albie's registers.