Sharing my deal-finding adventures in the land of no CVS

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Supermarket Deals 7/2

So glad that I made it to Albertsons yesterday! After checking out the upcoming ads, I almost went one more time! This week looks pretty lame. No fun promos :(

Albertsons:

Buy 2 refrigerated Jell-O products (2/$6) and get a free Cool Whip aerosol. Chances are you can't use the $1 Cool Whip Q, since it's already free and my store was totally cleaned out of these anyway. There are Qs from the last insert for the Jell-O.

Ball Park beef franks are BOGO and you get free Sara Lee Hot Dog buns. Click here for Ball Park coupons.

Tillamook Ice Cream is 2/$6. I love Tillamook because their cows aren't treated with hormones.

Goldfish crackers are $1

Free 1/2 lb. of Service Deli cheese when you buy 1 lb. or more of Sara Lee sliced meat from the Service Deli

Wish-Bone dressing are 2/$4, use this $1 Q.

Top Foods:

They are actually doing a Kraft Promo! Not as good as Albies, but still! It is a spend $20, get $5 off when you buy any of the following:

Capri-Sun (5/$10)
Kraft Singles ($2.99) Use your free cheese Q from the Parade magazine.
Nabisco Snack Crackers (5/$10)
Jell-O (4/$5) More than they normally are!
Kraft marshmallows (2/$4) I forbid you to buy these for $2 each!
Kraft Miracle Whip or Mayo ($2.99)
Crystal Light (2/$7)
Cool Whip (4/$5)
Oscar Mayer Maxed Out Lunchables (2/$5)
Philly Cream Cheese (3/$5)
Starbucks Coffee ($7.99)
Yuban Coffee ($6.99)
Planters Nuts (2/$5) Use any of these 4 links, thanks Freebies 4 Mom!
Oscar Mayer Deli Creations Sandwiches (2/$5)
Nabisco Ritz Crackers (2/$5)
Kraft Dressing ($1.89 each) Use with the .75/2 Q from the paper
A1 Steak Sauce ($3.79)
Grey Poupon ($2.69)

Safeway:

Not much again this week. Where are the promos??? Here's Mommy Making Money's list of this week's lack of deals.

11 comments:

Our Creative Day said...

I just returned from Safeway & Albertsons. At Safeway they had tearpads of $1.00 of any Nabisco product. I took a couple and filed away. Then at Albertsons they had Nabisco on sale for 2/$5.00 - BUT, the Chicken in a Biscuit crackers had a peelie on the box that was buy 2 crackers and get a free Kraft Cheese up to $4.99 -- couple this with the buy any three Kraft, Nabisco or Oscar Mayer and get $3.00 off of Planters Peanuts and it's a STEAL!!!

So, for $3.00 I got:
2 Chicken in a Biscuit crackers
1 Extra Sharp Kraft Cheese Brick
1 Container of Planters Peanuts

Not too shabby!

Also, the Suddenly Salad seems to be $1.00 a box there and on various coupon sites you can get a .40cent coupon off a box -- :)

Just thought I'd share my good deal today! :)

I also did the Planters Peanut thing at Safeway with their Kraft singles and cream cheese sale!

Now... what to do with all my peanuts?

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

I've been hearing about these tearpads for the Nabisco, but I've never seen them! My Safeway has no tearpads, no peelies, and no blinkies. Pout.

Sienna said...

Liberty,
Nice work with the $1 Nabisco Qs! I still have some stashed from Albies that I picked up a month ago. They are so handy! Did you have any problems with them scanning? I need to find my new black printer cartridge so that I can print more of the Planters coupons.

Our Creative Day said...

No problems at all with them scanning anything -- the only thing I noticed that the peanuts were actually on sale for $2.54 and she adjusted the coupon down to that total vs it being the full $3.00 - oh well, still free :)

Today I printed some off of freebies4mom site - she had a few links posted at two prints each. I also came across an side banner that printed more -- I don't know how to link a banner though to share the wealth. I guess just keep an eye for them.

Unknown said...

I have a question about using competitors' coupons at Albertsons: So, let's say Fred Meyer has a coupon for its brand of soda or its brand of eggs. Will Albertsons substitute for its house brands on these sorts of things? (I wonder about this a lot.)

Unknown said...

Kate-
YES! They will, or they are supposed to!

Unknown said...

I tried it last night at my local Albertsons, and it worked just fine. Got their eggs with my Fred Meyer coupon. (I'll take a dozen large eggs for $1.67, thankyouverymuch.) What I love about Albertsons taking competitors' coupons is that I don't have to drive all over freakin' town. YAY.

Our Creative Day said...

Wow -- I had no idea that could be done!!! WOW :) That will make shopping a LOT easier! Learn something new everyday! Thanks!

Sienna said...

Thanks so much for figuring this out Kat & CJ! So awesome about the competitor coupons! I knew that Wal-Mart would accept store brand coupons, but now Albies too!

Sienna said...

That would be KATE, not Kat! Typing too fast, sorry!

Mike P. said...

You might be interested to learn Tillamook just started a fan club ... here is the link:

http://www.tillamookfanclub.com/