Sharing my deal-finding adventures in the land of no CVS

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Today = Overage Day!


First off, I have no idea how I got so much overage at Safeway, but I'll take it! Here's what I did:

12 Tava (I used my 3/$5 raincheck and 12 $1.50 MQ - these are all over the coupon sites and don't expire until 1/09!) = .16 each

6 12-packs of Coke (I used my B2G3 raincheck, my 2 free Coke 12-pack vouchers from mycokerewards.com and it overlapped with the B2/G1 sale they were having - Thanks Tiff!) = 6 free

1 Frito-Lay chips (I was hungry, what can I say?) =$1.88

1 Ensure shakes (good for when I'm not in the mood to make lunch, used $3 printable) = $3.99

1 Hunt's ketchup (will mail in for TMF rebate if I don't like it) = $1.95

Now, I have no idea what the cashier did with my rainchecks, but she ended up deciding that my total should be -$15.38. Yes, she actually gave me $15.38 out of the till and a $10 catalina from buying 15 promo items. I swear that I asked her to check her math, but she seemed pretty certain that I was due that much overage and she had no problem handing me cash. Umm...okay!

Target:



5 Colgate Totals (used 5 -$1 Target Qs and 5 -$1.50 MQs) = .92 overage each one!

There are $1.50 MQs in the August All You, if you do this sweepstakes and at this link.

2 Super Cute Socks (used my overage to buy and these will make great presents for the multitude of folks I know who are having boys!) = $2.78 each

Total = .96+tax

Walgreens:


I just had to do the diaper deal 2 more times (different Walgreens this time!)

6 packs of training pants (used July/Aug ESQs and Pharmacy Q) = $6.06 overage

2 Sure Deodorants (used 2 -$1 MQ and $3 ESQ) = .99 and will send in for BOGO offer from the paper

2 Pantene Conditioners (used 2- $2 MQs and will get $4 ESR) = 2 free!

So, if everything goes well with my rebates and after taxes, I should be making $2.07!

5 comments:

Our Creative Day said...

I've gotta tell ya -- I sure wish I had been aware of all these amazing diaper deals when my daughter was still in them!!! Great savings!

What is Tava?

Our Creative Day said...

PS ~ If you have any local readers (Puyallup area) we went today to Linbo Blueberry Farm off of Fruitland for pick blueberries. It was fun and only $1.75 per pound! Unreal! That is a great deal... in a different kind of way :)

Off to Target to get my Colgate Toothpaste now!

Sienna said...

Liberty,
Tava is a 0 calorie drink - I'm not big into nutrasweet so I gave it to my sister. MMMM...blueberry picking, nice! There is a great organic u-pick farm in Oly that I love because it's organic and you just weigh your berries and leave your money in the can! Old school! I actually stopped at Spooner Farms for some berries after Safeway, that's where my overage went!

valley view farm said...

You are doing so great! Some of the deals you have gotten are just unreal, I love seeing them!

And I will have to look for U-pick berry farms in my area...

Laura said...

Have you found the coupons in your Target toothpaste yet? Bonus!!