Sharing my deal-finding adventures in the land of no CVS

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Free Cards at Safeway + Possible Overage!


Update: Slickdeals is reporting that it is actually Buy 4 cards, Get $5 off - that means overage when you buy the .99 cards! Let me know if your store actually has signs to back this up!

Thanks to Mommy Making Money for the heads-up on this one! Here's the deal:

Buy 5 of the .99 Hallmark cards and get $5 off your order = 5 free cards, no tax even!

I tried it today and at my Safeway it wasn't marked as a promo, but it totally worked! I did it twice! 10 free cards! This deal goes until 9/20, so stock up!

I also scored at Rite Aid and Walgreens with my overages today - I'll post pics and details later!

6 comments:

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

I went to 3 Safeways tonight (yes, I'm sad that way). Only one had the sign, and it specifically said:

Buy 2, get $2 off your groceries. Buy 3, get $3 off, etc. It didn't mention a limit, and it certainly didn't mention what they're saying on Slickdeals. I don't get how people are getting the overage!

Sienna said...

Gina,
I'm totally happy getting 5 cards free, especially w/o tax! Sure, overage is nice, but this is an awesome deal already!

Anonymous said...

I just got back from safeway... and I'm sad to report that I bought 5 of the .99 cent Hallmark cards, and I did not get them for free... I wonder if they caught on to the super deal on the .99 cent ones...

Sienna said...

Ceporcella,
I think this deal might be dead which is a huge bummer since it was supposed to be good for another month!

Our Creative Day said...

Just posted on a more current blog entry, and our Safeway IS doing this deal. Buy 2 cards get $2.00 off, buy 3 cards get $3.00 off and if you buy only 4 cards you get $5.00 off... and it is working for sure as I did it! :) There were signs sticking out in the card section and it runs through mid September! :)

Anonymous said...

Liberty,

Did you buy the .99 cent cards or more expensive ones?