Sharing my deal-finding adventures in the land of no CVS

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Grocery Deals This Week 8/6

Yep, I know this is late, but my mail lady has it in for me - I swear! On Tuesday I got the Safeway ad (boring), the Top Foods ad and the coupon insert - no Albertsons!!! I kept hoping that somehow the mail fairies would bring me one, alas, no. So I had to go online and look (it's just not the same, I'm one of those folks that likes to flip through it and touch it...) Here's what I see -

Albertsons:

Huge ad, but not so many awesome deals. Their Buy 10, Get $5 back is filled with a bunch of products that seem overpriced or pretty darn snack-foody to me. It does make it pretty easy if you're trying to do the Kellogg's $10 rebate deal, since you can buy 10 Kellogg's products and get the $5 off. Still paying $20 bucks...so, I may have to skip it.

I do love free yogurt! Darigold is .50 and there are $1/2 Qs from 2 inserts ago. Woo-hoo!

I've heard mention of the Ken's Lite dressings being $1, so depending on your Albies (you may be able to get overage with the $2 Qs from last week's insert). Anybody know if this one is true?

Safeway:

I was able to use Safeway's 4/$6 Cheerios Super Coupon at Albertsons with these $1 Cheerios Qs = .50 a box. You can also use these $1 Qs on regular Cheerios as well. Not awesome, but since I do the self-check I got a $1.50 catalina coupon that I was able to use on this order as well, making it .50 for all 4 boxes!!!

Kinda bad when the only great deal I can find is to take their coupon to another store!

Oh, not sure what's up with this crazy ad - but Tava is marked 3/$9, but then it says 3/$5 really small in the corner??? If that is true then you can get a great deal with this $1.50 printable here, here or here. Also, this is the deal where I scored at Safeway when I had a raincheck for this price and it was part of the Summer Promo.

Top Foods:

They've got a pretty interesting Kellogg's promo going on - Buy $20 (10 Kellog's items), Get $20 voucher for your next shopping trip. You could buy $20 worth of stuff, send in for your $10 rebate = $10 total, plus $20 off your next purchase. Not too shabby!

I also like their free milk with your $25 purchase Q. I might partner that with the Kellogg's promo or just take it to Albies :)

Free Dannon yogurt here too with the $1/2 Q.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Anna And The King [PG-13] Oh Heavenly Dog [PG]
Anywhere But Here [PG-13] The Man With One Red Shoe [PG] Buffy - The Vampire Slayer [PG-13] Prancer [G] Kiss Me Goodbye [PG] Waking Ned Devine [PG]

Too Cool! Just go to Kelloggs.com