Sharing my deal-finding adventures in the land of no CVS

Monday, June 23, 2008

Drugstore Deals 6/22

A few things this week:

Rite Aid:

Free Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste or Night Rinse after SCR (use with recent .75 or $1 coupon from the paper to make this a moneymaker)

Finesse Shampoo, Conditioners or Stylers are 2/$1 after SCR (I don't know of any coupons for this)

Until the 24th, Charles Worthington Big Hair Texturing Sea Salt Spray is free with SCR (there is a Charles Worthington coupon in the Beauty the Rite Way booklet, but it is for shampoo/conditioner)

Freeman Sea Kelp Shampoo or Conditioner - .99 after SCR

This isn't free, but a good price and I've been wanting one -
  • Off PowerPad Mosquito Lamp - $6.99 use this BOGO coupon and get 2/$6.99! If your Rite Aid doesn't take internet coupons, take the ad to Albertsons and have them price match!

Here is a good deal idea from Sisterly Savings:

Benadryl 2/$9

SCR get $2 wyb 2= 2/$7 after SCR

Use:

(2) $1/1 MQ (3/16RP)

(2) $3/1 (from allergy booklet--available on RA site as well as in stores)= $1 Profit

Walgreens:

.99 Planters Trail mix, spits out a $1 Catalina coupon when you buy 3, $1.50 when you buy 4, etc. (this is different from the other Planters catalina which is still going on, but the mac n' cheese is no longer on sale)

GM Cereals are 3/$7, then you get a $2 RR (there are a ton of coupons for GM cereals floating around right now - here is a link, also check Hot Coupon World's coupon database)

Buy $15 or more of these products, get $5 RR:

Ragu Spaghetti sauce (.25 coupons for this in the recent paper)

Bertolli dinner ($2.50 printable, link in the left column under "Hot Coupons")

Breyers Ice Cream

Lipton Tea (coupons in last month's paper)

Skippy PB

Hellman's Mayo

Aluminum foil is 2/$1

L'Oreal Vive Shampoo or Conditioner is 2/$9 with a $2 RR (lots of L'Oreal coupons in recent papers)

Clairol Balsam Hair Color is 3/$10 with a $5 RR (I've heard rumors of a BOGO newspaper coupon for this, but I haven't checked)

Aquafresh toothpaste (including kids' toothpaste!) is .99 with WAG coupon, use with this .75 printable = .24

Edge Shave gel is $1.99 with WAG coupon, use with this $1 coupon = .99

If you haven't bought your FAR Theragran-M vitamins, they are BOGO, use with the $4 coupon from the pharmacy and get 2 vitamins and make $4!

There was a free Kraft Singles when you buy 3 Kraft, Nabisco, etc coupon in the Parade magazine this week. Use it at Albertsons and buy 3 marshmallows, price match the cheese with the Fred Meyer 2/$4 coupon, get free cheese, pay $3 oop and get a $3 catalina!

What did I miss?

12 comments:

amyb said...

Just wanted to give you heads up on the Edge deal at Wags....use the 1.99 Wags Q, plus the $1/1 printable and the $1/1 Easy Saver Q from June catalog and it's free!

Sienna said...

Amybo,

Were you able to make this work? I thought that the $1 Easysaver Q was for the Eclipse, Vault or Energy, which are specifically excluded from the Wags in-ad Q. I'll have to double check.

Samantha said...

Can you buy things that you can get a rebate from with your RR?

Sienna said...

Samantha -

Definitely! :)

amyb said...

Sienna- I will let you know if it works, I am going this afternoon. I know they had the same Q in the May catalog and it worked for me then, I will keep you posted. I also was wondering if you can get multiple Register Rewards in 1 transaction? I didn't know if I bought 6 GM cereals in 1 transaction if it would spit out 2 RR's. Thanks so much for this blog, I am in Denver and have no CVS either!! Thanks Sienna!

Unknown said...

I want to mention that the crest pro-health night mouthwash made me lose my sense of taste temporarily. It's also been reported to cause stains. So, I won't take it even if it's FREE!

Not a drugstore deal but check out blue diamond almonds (8 oz jar like container) at Albertsons- 2/$5 with a $1/1 coupon available and you get a $1.50 OYNO when you buy 2. So that ends up being 75 cents a jar after 2 coupons! For ALMONDS!

Amy said...

Thanks for the tips! I could never figure these deals out if it wasn't for all your hard work! I did the Buy.com thing and it already says it's on it's way (12 hours later?), plus I put a link to your post on my blog, so hopefully lots more people will utilize it.

Sienna said...

cj,

I had heard that about the Crest Pro-Health. It's a bummer because we really need mouthwash! Thanks for being my "real person" example - I have a hard time believing everything that I read on the internet :)
About the almonds - great find! I'm loving Albies lately.

amyb said...

Sienna- you were right about the Edge coupon...now I feel like a total dork! I learned my register rewards lesson the hard way today. I bought 6 GM cereals this afternoon expecting to get 2 $2 RR's....no such luck. I asked the manager and he said it was a limit of 3 cereals, and next time I should do 2 transactions...bummer! Also, I was able to print 2 additional $1/1 coupons for Hershey's Bliss Chocolates. after using 2 $1/1 coupons and the easy save catalog it came out to $1.50/bag. I though it was a pretty good deal!

Sienna said...

amybo,
Ohhhhh...I'm so sorry! Yep, the Wags system is so messed up that separate transactions is always the way to go. I would suggest returning 3 of the cereals and then rebuying them (only don't use the RR that you earned before!!!). Most cashiers, as long as they aren't busy, don't mind. Just explain that you are still learning the system. I always ask "is it okay if I do separate transactions?" and I've never had a cashier say "no".

valley view farm said...

I used an Aquafresh toothpaste for Premium paste today, insert from a month ago or so, and the cashier didn't mind at all, so my toothpaste was free. Sometimes its worth a try! If they wont take it, just ask for the item to be voided, its easier that way!

Thanks for all the great work, you are really creating a valuable site here!

Lori said...

Hey Sienna, thanks for the link! Someone told me there was a $1/1 Finnesse coupon in the paper last weekend that you can use at Rite Aid to make those free.