Sharing my deal-finding adventures in the land of no CVS

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Super Helpful Cashier...$3.14 total


So I made the mistake of putting down my coupons for a second and my cashier pounced on them! I had them all organized to make sure that I could get overage on my Maalox (I had read that you need to give 1 Wag coupon, then manuf. coupons, then the other Wag coupon to make this work) and she proceeded to take out all of the Wag coupons and try those first, then head to the manuf. coupons. Needless to say, I was totally thrown and had a hard time watching the coupons go through, so I don't know exactly what worked and what didn't! To her credit, she was really trying to help and she did hook me up by using the cat. coupon for the Dixie plates on this order rather than making me wait to use it on my next order (her idea, not mine!). So from what I can tell, the double ESC coupons worked for the Nutripals and the M&Ms, but not the Maalox.

Here's what I got with my $5/$20 Q:

3 Liquid Maalox (used $2 MQ and $2 ESQ)

2 Maalox Chewables (used $1.50 MQ and $2 ESQ)

2 Theragran-M Vitamins (used $4 WQ and they were BOGO)

2 Dark Choc. M&Ms (used .75 MQ and $1/2 ESQ x2)

2 Dixie Plates (used $3 Cat. and they were BOGO)

2 Nutripals Bars (used $1 MQ and $1.50 ESQ and $2 ESQ)

3 Planters Trail Mixes (used .99 WQ)

1 Listerine (used .75 MQ and $2 WQ - we really need this!)


1 Ecotrin (used .75 MQ)


All in all, I spent $11.13 oop - my total savings = $71.90! Not bad! And I'll be getting $6.99 back in rebates + I got a $1 RR for my Planters! So, that's $3.14 total!



I also did a second transaction to buy stamps, since you just can't get stamps at a $5 discount anywhere else!

Want to see how other people did? Check out The Centsible Sawyer's Drugstore Divas!

No comments: