Sharing my deal-finding adventures in the land of no CVS

Friday, June 6, 2008

I Heart Albies!

Amazing times at Albertsons:
Transaction #1:

2 - Ball Park Turkey Franks $4 (used 2 - $1 coupons that I had saved)
1 - Ball Park Hot Dog Buns $2 (used the free buns blinkie found at the Turkey Franks - note: they were out of the Sara Lee buns which were supposed to be used for this coupon, but they let me substitute!)
1 - Kraft Pasta Salad $1 (used the .50 peelie on the box)
3 - Jet-Puffed Marshmallows $3 (I know I said I was stocked up, but I thought I would try for the $3 coupon - yep!)
1 - York candy .50 (needed a .50 filler, so that I could get my total to $3)

After the automatic $3 off from the promo, my coupons, and the $3 off from buying 3 marshmallows the last time I was there, my total was .............. $0.00! So awesome and I got another catalina for $3 off my next purchase, which was...
Transaction #2 (I love the self-scan lines):
1 - Clorox Everywhere Spray $2.50 (No coupon I just love this stuff and I couldn't find the other cleaner that I did have a coupon for)
1 - LiveActive Cereal $2.50 ($3 printable, that they had to adjust down to $2.50, but still a moneymaker with the automatic $3 discount)
2 - Kraft Salad Dressings $5 (.75/2 coupon from the paper, plus a tearpad coupon that I had found last trip for $1 off of produce when you buy 2 Kraft dressings)
Bananas $1.43 (used $1 coupon from above)
After the $3 off promo, my coupons, and the $3 catalina that I just got in the 1st transaction = $1.40
  • I also remembered while I was there that Albertsons has their Band-Aids on sale for $1, so you can get free band-aids with the $1 off coupons in the last paper! Walgreens will have them on sale next week, but they will be .99, which causes the coupon to beep and the cashier to have issues.
  • I also seem to remember that Silk soymilk is on sale, so it may be the time to use your $2.25 coupons.
Happy shopping!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm so happy I found you! I'm a Portland Couponer who recently moved up from California- the land of unlimited doubles and CVS. It's great to hear the Safeway and Albertsons deals, that aren't even the same as the nationwide deals! Also, Great job at Albies!

Sienna said...

Thanks CJ! Yeah, I can only imagine what life must have been like with doubles and CVS...mmm, drooling right now :)