Sharing my deal-finding adventures in the land of no CVS

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Good Grocery Week!

I was a bit bummed with the ads on Sunday, there were a few good deals, but Walgreens especially has been holding out! So, I was pretty happy when I got the grocery ads in the mail today - Safeway and Albertsons have some good stuff!

Note - I added some links to some great coupons on the left hand side of the blog - this would be a great week to use those Honey Bunches of Oats coupons! The coupons work on any kind of HBofOs, not just the chocolate kind.

Safeway:

  • You can still use the Super Coupons from Sunday's ad (they are good until 6/7) and make money on your HBofO!
  • Tava - Super coupon and coupon here and here (must buy 3) = .48/3
  • I will be using my 2 free Coke 12-pack coupons since this week is Buy 2, Get 3 free = 5 free 12-packs!
  • I am also excited about their organic produce deals: $1.99/lb for organic tomatoes and $1/lb for organic broccoli.
  • There is also a small thing about buying 3 Hallmark cards and getting a 12-pack of Pepsi or Mtn. Dew bottles, not as good as this deal - but keep your eyes open for an overlap!
Check out Mommy Making Money for more Safeway deals.

Albertsons:

I really like it when Albertsons has one of their buy x$$$, get x$$ off instantly. This week it is buy $10 worth of products, get $3 off instantly at checkout - here are few of the ones included (Kraft, Post, Glad products mostly):

  • HONEY BUNCHES OF OATS! - after the $3 off and coupons on the sidebar = you make .25! (Not as good as Safeway's super coupons, but there is no limit to this deal)
  • LiveActive Cereal - after the $3 off and the coupon on the sidebar = you make $1.25!
  • Zatarain's Rice - there is a coupon in the insert with the ads - .75/2 = okay deal
  • Ball Park Franks - I printed off some $1 off coupons from smartsource.com, but didn't see them anymore when I went to check for this post.
  • Marshmallows - are .70 after the $3 off = pretty good deal so you can make some HBofO treats! Try buying 3 of these at a time - there may be a catalina for $3 off your next order that prints. I'm not sure that this deal is still active and I'm totally stocked up on marshmallows right now.
  • Clorox Anywhere Bleach Spray is $1.75 after the whole deal, I love this stuff for cleaning Fiona's toys. Yes, I know that I could probably make it myself, but I don't.

The Thrifty Soaper has the whole list of items if you didn't get an ad this week.

See anything else? Leave a comment!

3 comments:

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

I'm definitely getting more free movie tickets at Safeway with all the SuperCoupons. Thanks for the link!

Unknown said...

One of the things I love about Albertsons is that competitors' coupons are accepted. I got the Saar's Marketplace coupon book in the mail this week, and I don't shop there. But I'm happy to use the coupons at Albertsons -- especially when I have manufacturers' coupons to use, too! (It's also nice to be able to take all my competitor coupons to Albertsons and save gas by shopping at one place.)

Sienna said...

Kate,
Thanks for the reminder about competitors' coupons and good ol' Albies. You're totally on it!