Sharing my deal-finding adventures in the land of no CVS

Monday, June 23, 2008

Good Money Making Day!

I checked my mailbox today - over $65 in checks!!! My Rite Aid SCR rebate check, my rebate from my Handi-Vacs and $10 from a survey that I did. So great! I also had a good day shopping - is my house clean?! - nope! But I got some great deals! Above is my Albies trip. Here is what I love about Albertsons:




  1. Self-check lanes - you can make sure that each coupon goes through and you can use the coupons that print right away!



  2. You can use promo catalinas on the same promo (like I used the $5 cat that I got from the last time that I did the Baby Care deal and I got a new $5 cat at the end of the transaction!)



  3. They take competitors coupons! They took my Target $5/2 Pampers coupon and my $1 off of Colgate coupon no problem!


I paid $10.96 for all the stuff above and walked out with a fistful of new coupons and a $5 catalina for my next trip!




*While you're at Albies, take advantage of this deal that CJ found: Check out blue diamond almonds (8 oz jar like container) at Albertsons- 2/$5 with a $1/1 coupon available and you get a $1.50 OYNO when you buy 2. So that ends up being 75 cents a jar after 2 coupons! For ALMONDS! *




On to other good news - My local Toys R' Us still had Thomas trains left, so I picked up 2 of those for free. So cute!




I also picked up my free 100 ct. prenatal vitamins from Top Foods. I'm going to see about transferring it to Rite-Aid for a $30 gift card - I'll let you know!

Wal-Mart hooked me up again (oh, how I hate, yet like them) and even the cashier remarked "$3.28! That's a good day at Wal-Mart!"

Here's my loot:


3 Cascadian Farms Veggies (not $1.22 like other Wal-Mart stores, but $.98 after a $1 coupon isn't bad for organic)


2 Blue Bunny Bomb Pops (.50 after the coupon here - thanks Centsible Sawyer!)


2 Johnsons Buddies soaps (a few of my coupons were about to expire, and hello, overage!)


1 Clean & Clear trial size (again overage w/ coupon)


2 Thomas trains (my Wal-Mart accepts these coupons, they actually say MFR down at the bottom!)


3 O.B. tampon packs (free after $1 coupons that I picked up at Safeway a few weeks ago)


2 Gold Bond trial size lotions (free after $1 coupons here)


1 Oral-B Dental Floss (used $1 P&G coupon from the paper, thanks Centsible Sawyer)


I saved about $35 and paid only $3.28!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I clicked on the Thomas Train link this evening and it said the coupon was no longer valid. Bummer. I have a coupon, but am waiting to go alone, so if it doesn't work, my son won't be disappointed.

Sienna said...

Amy,
Toys R' Us was getting pummeled with this coupon - if you read about it on Slickdeals - Holy Cow! They also did not put stipulations on the coupon itself, so they redid it:
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=850031
Print the NEW coupon. It's good through 6/26.