Sharing my deal-finding adventures in the land of no CVS

Saturday, June 14, 2008

I Love Pants and Manager Rob



So, I had totally spaced about this deal until BeCentsAble reminded me: Buy $100 worth of Dockers clothing at Sears through 6/15 and get a $75 gas card. Pretty great return! Slyly, I asked my hubby if he needed new work clothes - yep! So, I got to run out and go shopping sans baby. Of course, I needed to make a quick stop at Rite Aid and met my new favorite manager. Here's the rewind - last week I went to my local Rite Aid and the cashier told me that they don't take internet coupons - what? Since when?!!! So, I went to another Rite Aid that is on the way to the mall and the manager was happy to take all of my coupons, even remarking "these are great coupons!" One of them even beeped and I was totally willing to veto that coupon (it was for $3 off a Similan product, but showed a picture of a different product than the one I was buying), but he went ahead and took it because "it's the same company, they just want you to buy any of their products". Are you kidding me? I love Manager Rob! Plus, this same Rite-Aid tends to employ younger kids that obviously hate their job and are pretty vocal about it. Totally cracks me up. I just love the super sarcastic teenage boy that rang up my purchases last week and said "you got a good deal" and in the same breath "I wish I wasn't working today, actually everyday I wish that". Hilarious.

Back to the pants, I went to Sears, bought 2 - $100 transactions (the limit is 1 per person, but 2 per household) worth of great work clothes for my hubby. Yes, the oop is pretty darn high, but we would be buying this stuff anyway and we can definitely use the gas cards! So spent $200, but will get $150 worth of gas cards. And yes, many of the Dockers clothes are on sale.

2 comments:

Heather Hernandez said...

Cool - glad you got the deal - and got to use your printable coupons at Rite Aid. Speaking of printable coupons, I've got a special post that will go up on my blog Monday morning that is about how to deal with printable coupon rejection in a kick butt way.

Ok, now I'm stealing your phrases - but thanks for the support, I accept constructive criticism via comments and obviously you read some of it - but let's not start a shouting match now! Some people just need to vent a little, I guess, so don't take it personally. But thanks for standing up for me.

Oh, by the way - I hail from the NW originally so it's cool to see you bloggin' from my "home"!

Amy said...

I'm so bummed that hubby wouldn't let me do the Sears deal. WE'D BE BUYING GAS ANYWAY! Oh, well, I'm glad you got to benefit from it. Thanks again for covering our area!