Sharing my deal-finding adventures in the land of no CVS

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Seriously, I Walked Out With .05!!!!


I've gotten overage from coupons before, but I've never atually received it, usually I just purchase something else with my extra money. Today, I actually was given .05 to shop at Wal-Mart! I mean the manager actually came over and instructed the cashier to hand me my receipt and .05! I have been itching to use the free Thomas the Train coupon, but Toys R' Us is a bit far from here, so I decided to see if Wal-Mart would take the coupon. Yep!!!! Here's what I got at Wal-Mart today:

2 Thomas Trains - used this coupon (which they actually gave back to me) and they zeroed out the price of the item so I didn't pay tax!!! Incredible!

1 Land O' Frost lunchmeat - used this coupon

1 Gillette bodywash trial size - used the $1 off any Gillette bodywash from the paper (this is where the overage came from - read the coupon, doesn't say not on trial sizes!)

1 Kotex - used the $1 coupon from the paper (actually someone put an entire ad next to the display, so I also got a Powerade coupon!!!!

7 comments:

Samantha said...

They took the toys r us coupon at Walmart??

Sienna said...

Yes, Wal-Mart is known for price matching and so I figured that I would try coupon matching - can't guarantee that it will work for you, but I hope it does!

Samantha said...

My Walmart wouldn't let me do it....=(

Sienna said...

Bummer, sorry!

Our Creative Day said...

Hi Sienna,

I printed out the free Land O Lakes meat and used it last night at Walmart. They were unable to scan it, but the cashier was nice and used it anyway. Did you have that problem also?

Thanks again for all the free local tips!!! :) I have been saving some great $$

Sienna said...

Liberty,
I think that my coupon scanned fine, the cashiers just always have difficulty with that fact that they need to type in the price. If I have a new cashier, I will hand it to them and tell them that they will need to put in the price and then I'll tell them the price as well. They seem to appreciate the help.

Our Creative Day said...

Thanks! :)